Sikkim- the paradise on the earth
A small state along the foothills of the Himalayan Range, Sikkim is celebrated worldwide for its exceptional beauty and diverse flora and fauna. Sikkim is the only place where you would see the open-land international border between India and China. Sikkim is incredible in its scenic beauty and the best site to explore the nature.
What are the sites of interest for the tourists?
- Pemayangtse Monastery- established in 1705 the monastery is a celebrated site of linage of the Tibetan Buddhists.
- Kanchendzonga National Park- it is a biosphere reserve and among the few national parks at higher altitudes. The extreme diversification of the vegetation makes it a place of delight for the naturists and the Botanist. The scenic beauty of the place is simply heavenly.
- Nathu La Pass- The offshoot to the historic silk route between India and China, is the paradise for the hikers. The picturesque landscape is a delight to the eyes
- Tsango Lake- The Sikkimis Glacier lake is a site where the heavens come down on the soil. The localities hold this lake as a sacred place.
- Himalayan Zoological park- Though this park comes within the Darjelling district of West Bengal, still, a mere distance of 50 Km would be worth to invest as the visit would give you the chance to relish the rich reserve of fauna.
What is the justification in visiting Sikkim?
Sikkim is among those Indian states that is beautiful across each of its inch. A splendid diversity of the Flora & fauna, the breath stopping Hills, the Picturequse Landscapes are some of the reasons you require visiting the tiny Indian state once in our lifetime.
Guide to reach Sikkim
The Bagdogra airport is the nearest air terminal to Gangtok having regular bus, car and helicopter connectivity. The railway stations at Siliguri and New Jailpaiguri in West Bengal are the closest rail yards. You would be getting buses as well as the private rental cars for traveling to Gangtok from these rail yards. Thought the road route, the National Highway 31A connects Gangtok and Siliguri.